Skin redness can be caused by a number of different factors including allergens, changes in temperature, age, genetics, hormonal factors, dryness, pre-existing diseases and lifestyle. In addition, skin redness can be triggered by sun exposure, making sun protection key for this skin type.
Skin prone to redness can also be highly sensitive and can be aggravated by sun protection products which means a huge number of your clients will leave this essential product out of their skin care regime. If your clients need sun protection to manage skin redness but are unable to use it, this can be a huge problem!
Skincare products for redness
Heliocare’s A-R Emulsion is designed specifically for skin that is prone to redness. The product provides very high levels of broad-spectrum protection against the following:
- Visible light
This means your clients can add sun protection to their skincare routine without having to worry about their skin flaring up.
One of the key ingredients within Heliocare 360° is Fernblock, a supercharged anti-oxidant that is proven to help protect the skin from within against sun damage, as well as repair existing DNA damage. It is also shown to modulate factors involved in the development of redness, including inhibiting MMP formation to prevent the inflammatory cascade, and protecting Langerhans cells – our skin’s immune system.
It also contains additional ingredients to help soothe and calm redness:
- Physavie – restores skin barrier function
- Rosabora – soothes the skin
- Glutathione – reduces redness
User trials of the product revealed:
of users said that the product reduced irritation, reduced number of breakouts, helped them gain self confidence
of users said that the product helps reduce skin redness
Learn more about the Heliocare 360° rangeLearn more
1. Zamarron A, Lorrio S, Gonzalez S, Juarranz A. (2018) Fernblock Prevents Dermal Cell Damage Induced by Visible and Infrared A Radiation. Int J Mol Sci.
2. Philips N, Conte J, Chen YJ, Natrajan P, aw M, Keller T, Givant J, Tuason M, Dula L, Leonardi D, González S. (2009) Beneficial regulation of matrixmetalloproteinases and their inhibitors, fibrillar collagens and transforming growth factor-b by Polypodium leucotomos, directly or in dermal fibroblasts, ultraviolet radiated fibroblasts, and melanoma cells. Arch Dermatol Res.
3. Capote R, AlonsoLebrero JL, García F, Brieva A, Pivel JP, González S. (2006)Polypodium leucotomos extract inhibits transurocanic acid photoisomerization and photodecomposition. J Photochem Photobiology.
4. Trial conducted on 21 adult women (18-65 years of age). 50% with sensitive skin and 50% with rosacea. The organoleptic and physiochemical characteristics and subjective efficacy of the product were evaluated after 28 days use.