The way that you treat uneven skin tone depends on the cause, the goals your clients want to achieve and their skin type. There are a variety of treatment options you can provide as well as ongoing skincare products to help with uneven skin tone and to prevent future damage.
The key causes of uneven skin tone include:
- Sun exposure – sun damage occurs as a result of repeated exposure to UV rays and causes brown or dark spots, or uneven skin tone.
- Pollution – air pollution is another key cause of uneven skin tone as particles and gases penetrate the skin.
- Post-inflammatory uneven skin tone – this darkening of the skin occurs as a result of scarring caused by acne or skin injury.
Uneven skin tone products can be used either alongside in-clinic treatments or as part of your client’s everyday skincare routines to help them reduce the appearance of uneven skin tone and prevent further damage.
Uneven Skin Tone Products
Sun exposure is a key cause of uneven skin tone so making sure your client’s have a sun protection product as part of their skincare routine is essential.
Heliocare provides broad spectrum protection against UVA, UVB, visible light and infrared-A which are known to be causes of uneven skin tone. The key ingredient in Heliocare 360° is Fernblock, a supercharged anti-oxidant that is proven to help protect the skin from within against sun damage, as well as repair existing DNA damage. Fernblock is also shown to reduce uneven skin tone and help to prevent the over-stimulation of melanin in the skin.
Heliocare 360° Pigment Solution Fluid
This product combines high-level sun protection with Fernblock and additional ingredients to help manage the production of pigmentation and lift uneven skin tone. Key ingredients include:
- Niacinamide which inhibits the transfer of melanosomes to keratinocytes
- Elagic acid acts as a tyrosinase inhibitor which reduces melanin synthesis
- Bioploymer network provides a ‘second skin’ to help prevent the damage causes by pollution